Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, May 13, 2013

D&C 77

As the Prophet Joseph Smith (by revelation) provided answers to several questions regarding the revelation of John, one of the questions asked was -

"Q. What is the sea of glass spoken of by John, 4th chapter, and 6th verse of the Revelation?"  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 77:1)

It was answered -

"A. It is the earth, in its sanctified, immortal, and eternal state."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 77:1)

In a later revelation we learn that -

"This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ's."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 130:9)

As I pondered a "sea of glass" and "like a crystal", I couldn't help but wonder how past generations might describe our use today of digital tablets.  What may have seemed strange to many as they read the Revelations of John, I thought that our ancient ancestors may have suggested that we looked at a plate of glass or a flat crystal and that we could learn great things and knowledge pertaining to many matters.

Obviously, I am not saying the earth will become a great "tablet", but I will say we begin to understand that such things are possible knowing and understanding all things.