Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, July 02, 2012

Alma 38

As I read the counsel of Alma to his son, Shiblon, I felt he was speaking directly to me -

"...as ye have begun to teach the word even so I would that ye should continue to teach..." (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:10)

"...be diligent and temperate in all things..." (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:10)

Temperate being moderate without extremes or excessiveness.

"See that ye are not lifted up unto pride; yea, see that ye do not boast in your own wisdom, nor of your much strength." (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:11)

Alma added -

"Use boldness, but not overbearance..." (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:12)

"...see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love..." (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:12)

And also -

"...see that ye refrain from idleness." (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:12)

And last of all, pray -

"...O Lord, forgive my unworthiness, and remember my brethren in mercy—yea, acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times." (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:14)