Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, March 26, 2012

Jacob 7

As Jacob concludes his record, he teaches what I believe to be the Lord's will in regards to our relationship with so called "enemies". Jacob tells us -

"...it came to pass that many means were devised to reclaim and restore the Lamanites to the knowledge of the truth; but it all was vain, for they delighted in wars and bloodshed, and they had an eternal hatred against us, their brethren. And they sought by the power of their arms to destroy us continually." (Book of Mormon | Jacob 7:24)

It is apparent that that they first attempted to preach the gospel to them -

"...as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else..." (Book of Mormon | Alma 31:5)

But if that didn't work, Jacob teaches -

"Wherefore, the people of Nephi did fortify against them with their arms, and with all their might, trusting in the God and rock of their salvation; wherefore, they became as yet, conquerors of their enemies." (Book of Mormon | Jacob 7:25)

Conquerors of enemies was not to attack them but to defend oneself as necessary, thus their enemies did not achieve their goals to overtake them.