Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jacob 6

Having taught the Allegory of the Olive Tree, Jacob concludes with some of his thoughts. First -

"...how blessed are they who have labored diligently in his vineyard..." (Book of Mormon | Jacob 6:3)

He also comments -

"...how merciful is our God unto us, for he remembereth the house of Israel, both roots and branches; and he stretches forth his hands unto them all the day long..." (Book of Mormon | Jacob 6:4)

Jacob suggests that the nourishing in the vineyard does not ever end, even all the day long to those who -

"...will not harden their hearts..." (Book of Mormon | Jacob 6:4)

Therefore -

"...I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not your hearts.
6 Yea, today, if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts; for why will ye die?" (Book of Mormon | Jacob 6:5 - 6)

In dying, the Lord is referring to spiritual death. Jacob can't help but ask -

"...will ye reject these words? Will ye reject the words of the prophets; and will ye reject all the words which have been spoken concerning Christ, after so many have spoken concerning him; and deny the good word of Christ, and the power of God, and the gift of the Holy Ghost, and quench the Holy Spirit, and make a mock of the great plan of redemption, which hath been laid for you?" (Book of Mormon | Jacob 6:8)

He concludes with -

"...my beloved brethren, repent ye, and enter in at the strait gate, and continue in the way which is narrow, until ye shall obtain eternal life.
12 O be wise; what can I say more?..." (Book of Mormon | Jacob 6:11 - 12)

I can't help to also blog...what can I write more?