Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, January 30, 2012

2 Nephi 2

As Lehi provided one of the greatest lessons and incite on the plan of salvation made a very interesting comment -

"...the days of the children of men were prolonged, according to the will of God, that they might repent while in the flesh; wherefore, their state became a state of probation, and their time was lengthened, according to the commandments which the Lord God gave unto the children of men." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 2:21)

What caught my attention was the word "prolonged". Tbis seemed to suggest to me that that the Lord understands the process that allows us to repent and grow. For many of us, it takes a great deal of time as we fail or sin, repent, grow, and improve. It is more of a process than a single action. Even thought Lehi said "while in the flesh", we know that there a some whose life is cut unfairly short. My personal opinion is the Lord will prolong this repentance period even into the next life. In other words, our probationary period will be lengthend depending on the commandments He gives. All will be right in the end.