Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, December 29, 2011

1 Nephi 12

As Nephi's vision continues to unfold, in the future, he -

"...beheld multitudes gathered together to battle, one against the other; and I beheld wars, and rumors of wars, and great slaughters with the sword among my people." (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 12:2)

And then, sometime down the road, he -

"...saw a mist of darkness on the face of the land of promise; and I saw lightnings, and I heard thunderings, and earthquakes, and all manner of tumultuous noises; and I saw the earth and the rocks, that they rent; and I saw mountains tumbling into pieces; and I saw the plains of the earth, that they were broken up; and I saw many cities that they were sunk; and I saw many that they were burned with fire; and I saw many that did tumble to the earth, because of the quaking thereof." (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 12:4)

And then later, he -

"...saw that the seed of my brethren did contend against my seed, according to the word of the angel; and because of the pride of my seed, and the temptations of the devil, I beheld that the seed of my brethren did overpower the people of my seed." (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 12:19)

There is no question in my mind that this revelation was had among the Nephites for many years. They knew concerning the prophecies, but even yet, they did not believe and the events came to pass.

I couldn't help but compare this great revelation concerning the people of Nephi in that of John's revelation concerning our day. In some ways, the seem earily much the same. I am confident that the revelations of John will be fulfilled as did Nephi's, yet the people continue to ignore these prophecies just as the Nephites.