Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, September 02, 2011

2 Corinthians 6

In modern day, the Lord commanded -

"...prepare ye, prepare ye, O my people; sanctify yourselves; gather ye together, O ye people of my church, upon the land of Zion, all you that have not been commanded to tarry.
5 Go ye out from Babylon. Be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 133:4 - 5)

Paul taught the Corinthians the same -

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you." (New Testament | 2 Corinthians 6:17)

And not only will He receive us but -

"...will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." (New Testament | 2 Corinthians 6:18)

Having taught the plan of redemption, King Benjamin hears that his people -

"...are willing to enter into a covenant with our God to do his will, and to be obedient to his commandments in all things that he shall command us, all the remainder of our days..." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 5:5)

And because they were willing to do so, to covenant to seperate themselves from the world and touch not any unclean thing, King Benjamin explains -

"...now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 5:7)

It becomes clear that in order to be spiritually begotten of him, to receive the blessings of the atonement, to become His sons and His daughters, we must repent, seperate ourselves from the world, and live righteous and virtuous lives according to His commandments.