Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

D&C 93

As the Lord rebuked several of the leaders of the Church including the Prophet Joseph Smith, He said something very interesting -

"What I say unto one I say unto all..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:49)

When it comes to the gospel principles and commandments, it applies to all. But even as He is rebuking these leaders, He also says -

"...I will call you friends, for you are my friends..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:45)

Again, what he says to one servant, he says to all. What a wonderful and personal thing it is to be considered a friend of the Savior of the World.