Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, April 22, 2010

1 Kings 18

In modern day, the Lord taught -

"...behold, and lo, this is an ensample unto all those who were ordained unto this priesthood, whose mission is appointed unto them to go forth—
3 And this is the ensample unto them, that they shall speak as they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost.
4 And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 68:2 - 4)

As Elijah challenged the so called prophets of Baal, we sense that this was not the makings of the mind and will of Elijah. As Elijah was about to call down the powers of heaven -

"...at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word." (Old Testament | 1 Kings 18:36)

The saying "I have done all these things at they word" suggests the by the power of the Holy Ghost, Elijah was so moved. This was the mind and will of the Lord and the power of God unto salvation. Elijah knew that this was the Lord will before he ever proposed the challenge to Ahab and his wicked prophets.

The same is and ensample, as stated by the Lord, unto those ordained to the priesthood.