Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Articles of Faith

In the 13th article of faith, we read -

"...If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." (Pearl of Great Price Articles of Faith 1:13)

I like the word "seek". We seek out things of virtue, goodness, and praiseworthy.

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin said -

"The word seek means to go in search of, try to discover, try to acquire. It requires an active, assertive approach to life. For example, Abraham ‘sought for the blessings of the fathers . . . and to be a greater follower of righteousness’ (Abraham 1:2). It is the opposite of passively waiting for something good to come to us with no effort on our part.

We can fill our lives with good, leaving no room for anything else. We have so much good from which to choose that we need never partake of evil." (Thoughts for One Hundred Days, 5 vols. [Salt Lake City: Publishers Press, 1966–72], 4:199).