Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, March 06, 2009

D&C 101

With the challenges of the saints in acquiring redress and justice, the Lord taught a very simple parable -

"There was in a city a judge which feared not God, neither regarded man.
83 And there was a widow in that city, and she came unto him, saying: Avenge me of mine adversary.
84 And he would not for a while, but afterward he said within himself: Though I fear not God, nor regard man, yet because this widow troubleth me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 101:82 - 84)

I see the meaning of the parable is persistence in that we have the obligation to do all we can in bringing about the cause of Zion. Suggesting also that we will be under condemnation if we do not pursue all avenues in doing the Lord's work. The Lord concluded the parable -

"Thus will I liken the children of Zion." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 101:85)

And with this parable the Lord provide this instruction for the saints -

"Let them importune at the feet of the judge;
87 And if he heed them not, let them importune at the feet of the governor;
88 And if the governor heed them not, let them importune at the feet of the president..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 101:86 - 88)

It is then He promises -

"And if the president heed them not, then will the Lord arise and come forth out of his hiding place, and in his fury vex the nation..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 101:89)

"And in his hot displeasure, and in his fierce anger, in his time, will cut off those wicked, unfaithful, and unjust stewards, and appoint them their portion among hypocrites, and unbelievers..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 101:90)

There are many current political issues regarding morality and policy. The Lord expects the saints to do all that is possible before He will fully fight the battle.