Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

D&C 100

Having been instructed to go out and preach the gospel, it appears that while the Prophet Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon were in New York, they had become somewhat concerned for their families. in that it was the will of the Lord that they preach at this time, the Lord consoles them by saying -

"...my friends Sidney and Joseph, your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 100:1)

These words brought back some personal memories. While my son served his mission in Brazil, there was a period of great concern on my behalf for my son and the challenges he faced while serving the Lord. One morning in regular prayer, as I continued to plead for his protection and support, there came into my mind the powerful and peaceful words - "I am". It was so powerful that it almost caught my breath. I knelt there for a period just marveling at this answer. From that point on, I never doubted that my son would overcome the challenges he faced.

I'm sure the Prophet and Sidney felt much the same as he heard the words -

"...they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 100:1)

Changing the subject, as we prepare for our stake handcart trek - Our Trek to Zion, the promises of the Lord stood out this morning -

"...I will raise up unto myself a pure people, that will serve me in righteousness..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 100:16)