Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

D&C 130

The Prophet Joseph Smith taught -

"...that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 130:2)

As we contemplate the "same sociality", this would suggest family life, extended families, friends and friendships, as well as many of our social relationships with others. As I thought about my personal sociality, I recognized that in a few of my relationships with others are not necessarily positive, filled with love unfeign. This would suggest that for me to live with "eternal glory" my relationship with some must improve. I must forgive, repent, and hold no animosity of others. This is my challenge. Maybe this is why the Savior taught -

"...first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." (New Testament Matthew 7:5)

And -

"...I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 64:10)

This explains why the Savior said -

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." (New Testament John 13:34 - 35)