Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mormon 4

It is amazing how patient and loving our Father in Heaven is with His children giving them every opportunity to repent. During the life of Mormon -

"...there never had been so great wickedness among all the children of Lehi, nor even among all the house of Israel, according to the words of the Lord, as was among this people." (Book of Mormon Mormon 4:12)

Finally, Mormon tells us after much war -

"...Lord did say unto me: Cry unto this people—Repent ye, and come unto me, and be ye baptized, and build up again my church, and ye shall be spared.
3 And I did cry unto this people, but it was in vain; and they did not realize that it was the Lord that had spared them, and granted unto them a chance for repentance. And behold they did harden their hearts against the Lord their God." (Book of Mormon Mormon 3:2 - 3)

It was obvious that this people were totally ripe for destruction for as Mormon observes -

"...I saw that the day of grace was passed with them, both temporally and spiritually..." (Book of Mormon Mormon 2:15)

Though the hand of the Lord is extended still, it becomes apparent that there becomes a point of rebellion for the individual where there is no return.

As we contemplate our own lives and the challenges we face, I can't imagine a worse time in history than to live life in the same period Mormon was given.