Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

3 Nephi 15

After having taught the saints in the Americas many of the teachings He had taught during His mortal ministry, the Savior instructed them -

"Behold, ye have heard the things which I taught before I ascended to my Father; therefore, whoso remembereth these sayings of mine and doeth them, him will I raise up at the last day." (Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 15:1)

The Savior made it very clear regarding His teachings the importance that they were to "doeth them". They were not to just accept Him, but they were to do His commandments. He taught this using the analogy -

"...whoso heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who built his house upon a rock—
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not, for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand—
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell, and great was the fall of it." (Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 14:24 - 27)

For -

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven." (Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 14:21)

Even to those at Jerusalem, the Savior asked -

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (New Testament Luke 6:46)

It is those that doeth the will of the Father and the Son (being the same) that will be allowed to enter the Kingdom of God.