Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

2 Nephi 1

Recently I had a conversation with a member of my family where this person was frustrated with me in that it seemed that I expected too much of this person - that I was being to hard for the circumstance. In addition to my expectations, they were just as much frustrated with the intensity in which I attempted to communicate this.

I will more than admit that I am not perfect and need to learn to show more kindness, compassion, and soft words. But as a result of this experience, the words of Lehi seemed to bring more meaning to me as he said to Laman and Lemuel concerning Nephi -

"...I exceedingly fear and tremble because of you...for behold, ye have accused him that he sought power and authority over you; but I know that he hath not sought for power nor authority over you, but he hath sought the glory of God, and your own eternal welfare.
26 And ye have murmured because he hath been plain unto you. Ye say that he hath used sharpness; ye say that he hath been angry with you; but behold, his sharpness was the sharpness of the power of the word of God, which was in him; and that which ye call anger was the truth, according to that which is in God, which he could not restrain, manifesting boldly concerning your iniquities.
27 And it must needs be that the power of God must be with him, even unto his commanding you that ye must obey. But behold, it was not he, but it was the Spirit of the Lord which was in him, which opened his mouth to utterance that he could not shut it." (Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 1:25 - 27)

I believe that to be true.