Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 29, 2024

2 Nephi 13

 As Isaiah prophesied concerning Israel in his day as well as our own, he said - 

"Wo unto the wicked, for they shall perish; for the reward of their hands shall be upon them!

12 And my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they who lead thee cause thee to err and destroy the way of thy paths."  (2 Nephi 13:11–12)

What caught my thoughts this morning is "and women rule over them".  At first, many would think that Isaiah is suggesting that women are inferior.  I think it is just the opposite.  I believe that in our day, husbands and fathers of families are the culprit here leading women to manage or rule the family on their own.