Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, February 23, 2024

2 Nephi 9

 Jacob teaches of the Savior - 

"...for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam."  (2 Nephi 9:21)

Does that mean He suffered for each sin individually.  I don't believe so for Jacob taught - 

"Wherefore, it must needs be an infinite atonement..."  (2 Nephi 9:7)

I my mind, He suffered sufficient that His pain would satisfy infinite justice in that He is also infinite.