Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, June 15, 2023

John 16

As the Savior continues to explain that He will shortly not be with them anymore, He says 

"...in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you."  (John 16:23)

It seems to me that though out His ministry, whenever His disciples has questions or desires, that approached the Savior.  It seemed to me that Christ would then approach or pray to the Father for them. With His absence, they were instructed to approach the Father with there questions and desires in the name of Jesus Christ.  

It appears to be the same with His visit to the Americas as His disciples prayed to Jesus.