Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, July 01, 2022

Elder Dale G. Renlund - Your Divine Nature and Eternal Destiny

 As Elder Renlund addressed the women and the Young Women's theme, one thing stood out to me - 

"The final paragraph of the Young Women theme begins, “As I strive to qualify for exaltation, I cherish the gift of repentance and seek to improve each day.” Because of the Savior’s atoning sacrifice, we can repent, learn from our mistakes, and not be condemned by them. President Russell M. Nelson taught: “Too many people consider repentance as punishment. … But this feeling of being penalized is engendered by Satan. He tries to block us from looking to Jesus Christ, who stands with open arms, hoping and willing to heal, forgive, cleanse, strengthen, purify, and sanctify us.”27

When we sincerely repent, no spiritual scar remains, no matter what we have done, how serious it was, or how many times we repeated it.28 As often as we repent and seek forgiveness with real intent, we can be forgiven.29 What a remarkable gift from our Savior, Jesus Christ!30 The Holy Ghost can assure us that we have been forgiven. As we sense joy and peace,31 guilt is swept away,32 and we are no longer tormented by our sin."

I emphasize, "The Holy Ghost can assure us that we have been forgiven. As we sense joy and peace, guilt is swept away, and we are no longer tormented by our sin