Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, June 27, 2022

1 Kings 18

 Elijah seemed to always do as the Lord directed from going to a brook Cherith and being fed by a raven, going to Zarephath and being sustained by a widow, showing himself to Ahab, and so forth.  The writer of 1 Kings almost suggests that Elijah setup the priests of Baal on his own volution, but then we read this important admission - 

"...that I have done all these things at thy word."  (1 Kings 18:36)

Obviously, Elijah had been commanded by the Lord to do and follow the method the Lord had instructed.

Elijah is a great example of obedience.