Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Genesis 9

 There are some interesting comments concerning Canaan, a son of Ham and Egyptus, where he is specifically mentioned - 

"...the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan."  (Genesis 9:18)

And later - 

"...Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
26 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant."  (Genesis 9:25–26)

As well as - 

"God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant."  Genesis 9:27)

Just interesting to me.  Was it a prophecy?