Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, February 07, 2022

Genesis 2

 As we read - 

"...the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man."  (Genesis 2:21–22)

...President Spencer W. Kimball taught that this was symbolic.  He compared to our way of thinking in our day using the comparison "he just a chip off the old block".  Obviously, someone is not a piece of wood.  It is only symbolic.