Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, May 05, 2021

D&C 77

The Prophet Joseph Smith was asked - 

"What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse?"  (Doctrine and Covenants 77:9)

To which he answered - 

"We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things."  (Doctrine and Covenants 77:9)

As mentioned in previous blogs, it appears the second coming is conditioned upon the gathering of Israel and the going forth of the kingdom of God on the earth.