Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, March 09, 2021

D&C 52

 Keeping with the Prophet's request of noting the promises of Israel in the scriptures, I noticed this morning the Lord's promise - 

"...I, the Lord, will make known unto you what I will that ye shall do from this time until the next conference, which shall be held in Missouri, upon the land which I will consecrate unto my people, which are a remnant of Jacob, and those who are heirs according to the covenant."  (Doctrine and Covenants 52:2)

For - 

"...even as I have said, if ye are faithful ye shall assemble yourselves together to rejoice upon the land of Missouri, which is the land of your inheritance, which is now the land of your enemies.
43 But, behold, I, the Lord, will hasten the city in its time, and will crown the faithful with joy and with rejoicing."  (Doctrine and Covenants 52:42–43)

Obviously, "I, the Lord, will hasten the city in its time" is from a different perspective than our own.