Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

D&C 42

 Throughout differing scriptural times, we read that the saints - 

 "...had all things common."  (Acts 4:32)

Which suggest to me that if there was a very common item, all the saints had one.  Some scholars have suggested that this was joint ownership.  But as the Lord revealed His law, he stated - 

"...thou wilt remember the poor, and consecrate of thy properties for their support that which thou hast to impart unto them, with a covenant and a deed which cannot be broken."  (Doctrine and Covenants 42:30)

I note the consecration to the poor was with a deed.  The Lord added - 

"...every man shall be made accountable unto me, a steward over his own property, or that which he has received by consecration..." (Doctrine and Covenants 42:32)

In my mind, the law of consecration included ownership or as the Lord us the term "stewardship" for He stated -

"...it is my purpose to provide for my saints, for all things are mine."  (Doctrine and Covenants 104:15)