Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, July 10, 2020

Alma 51

We learn the intent of the "king-men" that they were -

"...those who were in favor of kings were those of high birth, and they sought to be kings; and they were supported by those who sought power and authority over the people.:  (Alma 51:8)


Obviously they only care about themselves for when the people were being attacked by their enemies -

"...they were glad in their hearts; and they refused to take up arms, for they were so wroth with the chief judge, and also with the people of liberty, that they would not take up arms to defend their country."  (Alma 51:13)

This seems so applicable in our day.