Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Alma 40

In teaching Corianton concerning the resurrection, Alma says that  -

"...all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."  (Alma 40:23)

David J. Ridges commented -

"Some want to know what “the perfect” age is. Opinions vary, but if you stop to think about it, since we are all mortal, we have never had a truly “proper and perfect frame.” The point is that “perfect age” does-n't really fit. It is a moot question. We will all be very pleasantly surprised when we are resurrected and discover what the words “perfect” and “proper” mean with respect to us. Once, in a private setting with a member of the First Presidency and a few others, it was said that there would be many exclamations of pleasant surprise on resurrection morning."  (Ridges, David J.. The Book of Mormon Made Easier, Part 2)