Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, November 01, 2019

Revelation 1

John wrote in letter -

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."  (1 John 3:1–2)

In my mind, that at some future time, we may qualify through His grace to be like Him.

Isaiah, speaking of the Savior and His atonement -

"...Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."  (Isaiah 1:18)

As John the Revelator testifies of the Savior's appearance -

"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow..."  (Revelation 1:14)

Which tells me that we too may qualify for exaltation and may appear as head and hair like white wool and snow.