Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, September 05, 2019

2 Corinthians 12

After Paul recounts a vision of being in the celestial kingdom, he then speaks of a personal "thorn in the flesh" that as he confesses -

"...I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me..."  (2 Corinthians 12:8)

And when it doesn't, he speaks of the Lord's response with optimism -

"...My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."  (2 Corinthians 12:9–10)

Again, it seems to me that His grace and justification is conditioned upon humility, lowly of heart, and meekness.