Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

1 Corinthians 7

When some so called Christians say all is necessary is to confess Jesus and they are saved, ignoring all other scripture, the gospel and multiple words of prophets to the contrary.   As an example, Paul told the Corinthians -

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."  (1 Corinthians 6:9–10)

Adding -

"Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God."  (1 Corinthians 7:19)

Obviously, His grace has conditions.