Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Matthew 14

As the Savior walked on the water to His disciples, Peter asks the Savior permission that he might do the same -

"...And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"  (Matthew 14:29–31)

Obviously, Peter walked on water, at least for a few steps.  But when he began to sink, the Savior caught him.  The Savior's response at first seems kind of stern, but I was touched this morning that it was more loving.  It becomes to clear that faith comes in different magnitudes.