Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Matthew 13

As the Savior explained several parables including the mustard seed, the JST version stated -

"The harvest is the end of the world, or the destruction of the wicked.
40 The reapers are the angels, or the messengers sent of heaven.
41 As, therefore, the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so shall it be in the end of this world, or the destruction of the wicked.
42 For in that day, before the Son of man shall come, he shall send forth his angels and messengers of heaven.
43 And they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity, and shall cast them out among the wicked; and there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
44 For the world shall be burned with fire. (JST - Matthew 13:39-44)

I note that in verse 43, the Lord is suggesting that there will be wicked within His Church or kingdom that will be cast out among the wicked.  A great warning to His Church members that there will be apostasy amongst the ranks do to revelations from His "messengers".