Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Jeremiah 42

Of all the sinners the Savior seem condemned the most were hypocrites.  When Johanan and his followers approached Jeremiah concerning the will of the Lord, they said -

"...The Lord be a true and faithful witness between us, if we do not even according to all things for the which the Lord thy God shall send thee to us.
6 Whether it be good, or whether it be evil, we will obey the voice of the Lord our God, to whom we send thee; that it may be well with us, when we obey the voice of the Lord our God."  (Jeremiah 42:5–6)

But when the word of the Lord came contrary to their plans and faith, their response was -

"We will not dwell in this land, neither obey the voice of the Lord your God,
14 Saying, No; but we will go into the land of Egypt, where we shall see no war, nor hear the sound of the trumpet, nor have hunger of bread; and there will we dwell..."  (Jeremiah 42:13–14)

Well that didn't happen in that Babylon attacked Egypt to leaving great devastation.