Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, March 05, 2018

D&C 117

As we contemplate the covenant of the law of sacrifice, and the words to Newel Whitney, a faithful member of the Church, it brings great meaning as the Lord ask -

"...for what is property unto me? saith the Lord."  (Doctrine and Covenants 117:4)

Newel had been one of the most faithful in Kirtland, Ohio and had spent years building up his business as well as sacrificing much, and yet the Lord added why -

"...you should covet that which is but the drop, and neglect the more weighty matters?"  (Doctrine and Covenants 117:8)

Newel repented and obeyed by coming quickly to Far West.  I also have spent years preparing for retirement. Would I be willing to do the same if asked.