Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

D&C 109

Obviously, none of us are perfect.  I noticed this morning several references to repentance this morning in the dedication of the Kirtland Temple -

"...when thy people transgress, any of them, they may speedily repent and return unto thee, and find favor in thy sight, and be restored to the blessings which thou hast ordained to be poured out upon those who shall reverence thee in thy house."  (Doctrine and Covenants 109:21)

"O Jehovah, have mercy upon this people, and as all men sin, forgive the transgressions of thy people, and let them be blotted out forever."  (Doctrine and Covenants 109:34)

"...inasmuch as they will repent, thou art gracious and merciful, and wilt turn away thy wrath when thou lookest upon the face of thine Anointed."  (Doctrine and Covenants 109:53)

I believe that in attending the temple, we should do so with a broken heart and contrite spirit.