Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 02, 2017

D&C 62

In my mind, speaking of justification, the Lord said as the Prophet was returning to Kirtland-

"Behold, and hearken, O ye elders of my church, saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ, your advocate, who knoweth the weakness of man and how to succor them who are tempted."  (Doctrine and Covenants 62:1)

And then as the Prophet returned to Kirtland, speaking of many that -

"...have turned away from my commandments and have not kept them."   (Doctrine and Covenants 63:13)

...the Lord said -

 "...behold, I, the Lord, say unto you that ye are not justified, because these things are among you."  (Doctrine and Covenants 63:19)

The Lord and His Spirit will not extend grace or His power to those that will not strive to keep the commandments.