Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 20, 2017

D&C 54

Recently, I was having a discussion with some family members concerning some relatives and friends that had abandoned the sacred covenants they had made.  This morning I couldn't help but ponder the words of the Savior concerning such -

"...as the covenant which they made unto me has been broken, even so it has become void and of none effect.
5 And wo to him by whom this offense cometh, for it had been better for him that he had been drowned in the depth of the sea."  (Doctrine and Covenants 54:4–5)

Adding -

"Hearken, O ye people who profess my name, saith the Lord your God; for behold, mine anger is kindled against the rebellious, and they shall know mine arm and mine indignation, in the day of visitation and of wrath upon the nations.
2 And he that will not take up his cross and follow me, and keep my commandments, the same shall not be saved.
3 Behold, I, the Lord, command; and he that will not obey shall be cut off in mine own due time, after I have commanded and the commandment is broken.
4 Wherefore I, the Lord, command and revoke, as it seemeth me good; and all this to be answered upon the heads of the rebellious, saith the Lord."  (Doctrine and Covenants 56:1–4)

Obviously, turning therefrom the covenants that one has made has great consequence...but His arm of mercy is still extended if they will but repent and return.