Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, October 05, 2017

D&C 47

Historical records suggest that John Whitmer wasn't necessarily thrilled with the call -

"And again, I say unto you that it shall be appointed unto him to keep the church record and history continually; for Oliver Cowdery I have appointed to another office."  (Doctrine and Covenants 47:3)

Just as it is today, where we are continually called for a period of service and then released, this was the case with Oliver Cowdery.  We too may not be thrilled with a calling, but we should strive to faithfully magnify that call until released and another called.