Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, July 06, 2017

D&C 1

I am again starting the D&C over.

As the Lord teaches His doctrine of the Plan of Salvation, He says -

Hearken, O ye people of my church, saith the voice of him who dwells on high, and whose eyes are upon all men
(Doctrine and Covenants 1:1)

For -

"...there is none to escape; and there is no eye that shall not see, neither ear that shall not hear, neither heart that shall not be penetrated."  (Doctrine and Covenants 1:2)

I specifically note  "heart that shall not be penetrated".  This would suggest to me a full understanding with no offense.  And who is to do this -

"...the voice of warning shall be unto all people, by the mouths of my disciples, whom I have chosen in these last days."  (Doctrine and Covenants 1:4)

I believe our work is softening the hearts of men through kindness and service.