Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

PofGP 4

We learn a great deal concerning the origins of Satan as the Lord spoke to Moses -

"That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2 But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
3 Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 4:1 - 3)

We also learn in modern revelation that -

"...he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 29:36)

Even in our pre-mortal life, one third of the hosts of heaven were willing to give up freedom and agency to be totally cared for.  Obviously they do so to those that seek power and control.

Satan continues this pursuit in this second estate.  Many are willing to give up freedom and rights to those in power so they don't have to be responsible.