Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, May 18, 2017

PofGP 2

As Moses learns of the creation of the earth, it is revealed that on the first day -

"...the earth was without form, and void; and I caused darkness to come up upon the face of the deep; and my Spirit moved upon the face of the water; for I am God.
3 And I, God, said: Let there be light; and there was light.
4 And I, God, saw the light; and that light was good..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 2:2 - 4)

As one studies the scriptures, "light" many times is synonymous life, power, and law.  I believe this is the light referred to for the sun and moon were created on the fourth day.