Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

D&C 124

As the Prophet Joseph Smith inquired of the Lord concerning the gathering of the saints and their individual agency, the Lord answers -

"...if those who call themselves by my name and are essaying to be my saints, if they will do my will and keep my commandments concerning them, let them gather themselves together unto the places which I shall appoint unto them by my servant Joseph..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 125:2)

Among several noted cities, the Lord also includes -

"...and in all the stakes which I have appointed..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 125:4)

I believe the Lord is saying, is that if possible, we should live where we can receive the blessings of the gospel and Church organization.