Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, April 17, 2017

D&C 124

As the saints are told that many temples were to be built -

"For it is ordained that in Zion, and in her stakes, and in Jerusalem, those places which I have appointed for refuge, shall be the places for your baptisms for your dead."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 124:36)

...they were commanded to build a temple in Nauvoo where the Lord explains -

"For I deign to reveal unto my church things which have been kept hid from before the foundation of the world, things that pertain to the dispensation of the fulness of times.
42 And I will show unto my servant Joseph all things pertaining to this house, and the priesthood thereof..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 124:41 - 42)

Which suggest to me that those that only believe in the Bible and not living prophets, are mission out on all that would be revealed in this last dispensation.