Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

D&C 124

The Lord instructed the Prophet Joseph Smith, concerning William Law -

"...let my servant William be appointed, ordained, and anointed, as counselor unto my servant Joseph..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 124:91)

In doing so, whether or not he received priesthood keys, the Lord instructs -

"Let my servant William Law also receive the keys by which he may ask and receive blessings; let him be humble before me, and be without guile, and he shall receive of my Spirit, even the Comforter, which shall manifest unto him the truth of all things, and shall give him, in the very hour, what he shall say.
98 And these signs shall follow him—he shall heal the sick, he shall cast out devils, and shall be delivered from those who would administer unto him deadly poison;
99 And he shall be led in paths where the poisonous serpent cannot lay hold upon his heel, and he shall mount up in the imagination of his thoughts as upon eagles' wings.
100 And what if I will that he should raise the dead, let him not withhold his voice."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 124:97 - 100)

These keys seem to me to be more of gifts of the Spirit or power to unlock these gifts.