Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, March 30, 2017

D&C 111

After  the Prophet Joseph Smith, with several associates,  arrived in Salem in pursuit of needed funds, the Lord consoled -

"I, THE Lord your God, am not displeased with your coming this journey, notwithstanding your follies."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 111:1)

It is apparent that the Prophet's intent was pure, the Lord still considered his "worldly" solution was a "folly".  Obviously, not the Lord's way.

I can think of, on one occasion, promoting a "worldly" incentive to bishops to increase sacrament meeting attendance.  It totally failed.  Apparently it was with good intent but not His way.