Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, March 17, 2017

D&C 105

I forgot to blog yesterday.

I believe the Lord the helps us better to understand the meaning of Zion as He states -

"...behold, they have not learned to be obedient to the things which I required at their hands, but are full of all manner of evil, and do not impart of their substance, as becometh saints, to the poor and afflicted among them;
4 And are not united according to the union required by the law of the celestial kingdom;
5 And Zion cannot be built up unless it is by the principles of the law of the celestial kingdom; otherwise I cannot receive her unto myself."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 105:3 - 5)

In other words, Zion is living after the manner of life in the celestial kingdom.  Which is the reason that I personally don't believe Zion will be redeemed until the millennium.

A couple of days ago I spoke that the day will come where Zion shall be must first be wasted.  The Lord again says -

"...verily I say unto you, I have decreed that your brethren which have been scattered shall return to the lands of their inheritances, and shall build up the waste places of Zion."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 103:11)

For -

"Behold, the destroyer I have sent forth to destroy and lay waste mine enemies; and not many years hence they shall not be left to pollute mine heritage, and to blaspheme my name upon the lands which I have consecrated for the gathering together of my saints."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 105:15)