Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

D&C 93

Much like Abinadi, John the Baptist also gives much the same doctrine and  testimony concerning the "Father". The Savior declared -

"...I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one—"  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:3)

Explaining -

"The Father because he gave me of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made flesh my tabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:4)

Both God the Father and Jesus Christ are fathers.  In one way, Jesus Christ the Father because He is the Redeemer and Father of Eternal Life.  In that the Savior has literally received the fullness of the Father, they are the same nature or one.

The Savior explains -

"...I was in the beginning with the Father, and am the Firstborn;
22 And all those who are begotten through me are partakers of the glory of the same, and are the church of the Firstborn.
23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of truth..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:21 - 23)

In other words, we were with Him in the pre-mortal existence for -

"...I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:26)

Thus the Savior is the Father and the Son as God the Father is also scripturally the Father.