Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

D&C 72

For those members that are moving to another location (specifically Zion), the Lord said -

"...that as every elder in this part of the vineyard must give an account of his stewardship unto the bishop in this part of the vineyard—
17 A certificate from the judge or bishop in this part of the vineyard, unto the bishop in Zion, rendereth every man acceptable, and answereth all things, for an inheritance, and to be received as a wise steward and as a faithful laborer..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 72:16 - 17)

Today, a temple recommend is used for the same purpose.  It is my own personal wish that the priesthood of a male also be noted for priesthood ordinances.