Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Ether 12

The scriptures speak of the powers of heaven and in this case, the power of faith in that -

 "...it was the faith of Ammon and his brethren which wrought so great a miracle among the Lamanites."  (Book of Mormon | Ether 12:15)

Faith being -

"...things which are hoped for and not seen..."  (Book of Mormon | Ether 12:6)

Where hope is looking for truth with faith, not looking to prove faith false.

Another enabling power of heaven is grace.  Moroni describes the source of faith saying -

"...I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever."  (Book of Mormon | Ether 12:41)